Medical Weight Loss Clinic in Beckley, WV
The medical weight loss professionals at Beckley Internal Medicine can help you achieve your goals for a more healthy and better-looking you. Contact our team of healthcare professionals today or visit us online to book an appointment.
Table of Contents:
What are 5 weight management strategies?
What do weight loss clinics do?
How does My Current Weight Affect My Health?
What is involved in medical weight loss?
Once you have lost the weight you want, weight management becomes the next goal. Health care professionals understand this and can make it a reality for you.
If you are looking for strategies to manage your weight here are some that are available. Here are 5 strategies to help you to lose and maintain your weight.
1. Eat foods that are more filling. Not all foods are equal when it comes to making you feel full. A bowl of oatmeal will leave you feeling full longer than a sugary cereal. What you eat will also help you feel full longer and limit hunger pangs and temptation between meals. Foods that leave you feeling full, longer are those that are high in protein, fiber, and water content. Foods like avocados, black beans, bananas, lentils, and Brussel sprouts are filling.
2. Plan your meals ahead of time. It is easier to keep a healthy diet in place when you pre-plan your portions for each meal. It also helps to avoid those times of temptation when preparing a meal.
3. Find physical activities that you enjoy. More exercise will help you feel better. Just find something you enjoy and stick to it.
4. Stress management is an important part of weight management and is often overlooked. Stress often leads to unhealthy behaviors and moods, very often associated with food.
5. Supplement your management strategies. Each person’s weight goals are different. Some people will want better energy and health. Others will want a healthy lifestyle and avoid illness.
A weight loss clinic is a place to help you lose weight with medical assistance. The clinic will have medical professionals such as physicians, nutritionists, and exercise instructors who work together to help you reach your weight loss goals. They can determine if you have an underlying health condition that is affecting your weight. They can guide you through lifestyle changes, hold you accountable for reaching your goals and offer counseling to help you adjust if you are having problems. They will work with you in creating a diet plan that is designed for you and not just give you a one-size-fits-all diet plan.
If you have a chronic health condition like diabetes, they can make sure that your diet is not creating complications for your health.
You will lose weight in the most healthy way possible and once you have reached your goal, you will maintain it.
It will depend on your current weight as to how it affects your health. If you are overweight or obese, your health can be affected negatively by your weight. Obesity can increase your risk for a wide variety of health conditions, like high blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, joint problems, gallstones, and various types of cancer.
Medical weight loss is a program of weight loss that includes the assistance of medical professionals that will design a program specifically for you. This will be done by examining you and understanding your needs. It will help address any current health issues, or in some cases work to prevent future health issues. As you progress through your weight loss program, your health will be monitored to ensure that you are getting the best possible outcome. The program will also include teaching you how to eat better. It will help you understand the lifestyle changes that you are making and help you to stick to them. This is a very holistic means of losing weight.
Beckley Internal Medicine in Beckley, WV can set you up with a medical weight loss program to help you reach your weight and health goals. Call to find out more about how we can help you in your pursuit of a more healthy weight and life. We serve patients from Beckley WV, Bradley WV, Stanaford WV, Lester WV, Baylor WV, and Beaver WV.
Additional Services You May Need
▸ Internal Medicine
▸ Medical Weight Loss
▸ Physical Exams
▸ Bio Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
▸ Pelvic Exams
▸ PAP Smears
▸ Family Planning
▸ Diabetes Management